But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Musings on Staying Home and other events

This is my first official week of maternity leave. It may sound confusing but before now i was just on my normal summer vacation from teaching. However this was the week everyone else reported back to school and I start my 12 weeks home with Chloe alone - Chris has had the same summer break until now. I am thoroughly enjoying my time with her but I have to admit that I am wondering what I will do over the next 3 months. I thought stying home would mean that I would run errands all day, have lunch with friends, keep my house spotless and cook gourmet meals every night. In my spare time, I would completely reorganize all of our closets and make Chloe a beautiful scrapbook to remember her first year of life.
HaHA!!! Since she still eats every 3 hours and takes almost an hour to complete a feeding, after which
I have to pump to keep up my milk supply due to her "weak suck", I spend most of my day watching TV while I feed Chloe. She does take short naps where I sometime get to shower, do laundry and clean up a little but I usually manage to get something halfway done before she's up again. We also have our book time and tummy time. Soooooooo, in short -I'm not getting a whole lot done and it takes major planning to just leave the house. Hopefully, in the next few weeks we will settle into a better routine and I'll have lunch with friends and do some other stuff on my growing to do list.
Right now we are getting ready to leave for Lake Tahoe for Carlton and Allison's wedding a week from today. I'm so afraid that I will forget some essential baby item that I am already beginning to pack and have made several lists of what to take with us. This will be an adventure! Thank God my mom is going along to help with Chloe since Chris and I are both in the wedding.

Another thing to add to any new or expectant moms reading this - LUVS diapers suck! I made the mistake of buying them on my last trip to Target because they are about $1 cheaper than Pampers and have learned my lesson. Not only re they not as soft, they leak all over the place! Chloe has gotten into a pattern of pooping only about 1 time a day but when she does it's a BIG one(nice change from the 8-10 times earlier). Thanks to the LUVS I have been doing laundry daily to attempt to get the stains out of her clothes - so I am sticking with the Pampers and spending the extra dollar - it's well worth not doing all of the laundry actually being able to wear her outfits more than once!

1 comment:

the blackwells said...

It is amazing how much time one little tiny person can suck up, isn't it?!?!?

On the diapers...I learned that they all work different based on the kid. Pampers were great with Elam but Silas would pee out of those everytime. Very weird. We were big fans of the Walmart brand ones with the Suzy Zoo characters on them. They worked great with both. But honestly, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with any of them anymore. ;)