But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Friday, February 20, 2009

Bad Blogger!

OMG! I just realized that it's been almost a month since I updated the blog.I can't even blame it on facebook b/c I've hardly been on there either. What can I say?Pretty much all of my free time has been packing the past few weeks. Not too fun! Well, today was the big day - we closed on our old house yesterday and closed on the new one today. We are pretty much all moved out - just need to go back tomorrow and get all the miscellaneous junk that is left. We basically just moved everything into the garage at the new place and are staying with my mom for a couple of week while we have some work done on the house. We bought it from the original owners and it needs some updating. I kind if feel like a loser living with my mom at 31 with my husband and kid but I actually think it will be nice to have Yaya around to help with Chloe and mom always has better food than we do:). I might be packing on the pregnancy pounds these 2 weeks. With everything else going on, I almost forget that we will be having another little girl in just about 11 weeks - 8 - if this one arrives when Chloe did! I'm just praying that we get in our house and get settled and unpacked before she arrives.
Other news - it was doctor day for Chloe and I too. I failed my first glucose test at the doctor and had to be tortured this morning to redo it.Seriously, I can not believe there isn't a better way to test for gestational diabetes. I had to fast for 12 hours before, then go in at 8 this morning.Then they took my blood at 8:30, gave me a super sugary drink which totally made me sick to my stomach and gave me a headache, then took my blood at 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30. That's 4 times to draw blood in 3 hours and no food for 16 hours!! Any of those conditions alone would make me pass out - even not pregnant.I honestly think the Lord got me through it because I was sure I was going to pass out for a while there. Please pray I passed this one - otherwise, I"ll be on a diet and that might kill me too! Believe me, I am regretting the ice cream I ate the night before my first test and the super yummy banana cake I had for lunch that day !I learned my lesson about eating sweets before the glucose test.
I took Chloe to her pediatrician to look at a strange mark she has had on her face for over a month that seems to be growing. I wasn't sure if it was a blister, wart, mole or what. Unfortunately, the doctor wasn't sure either and since it's in the same area where her port wine stain was- we have to go back to the plastic surgeon. She did have a guess but of course I don't remember what she said - a pudge? maybe. The was her non technical name and there was another longer name but my pregnant brain can't remember those details now:(. She said it was benign though so that'sgood. I am praying we don't have to have it surgically removed because I do not want to go down that road again! Poor Chloe had such a traumatic first year with the helmet,and physical therapy AND 4 laser surgeries- I just want her life to be easy now :). Dr. Burns' (plastic surgeon) office was closed for the day when I called this afternoon so I'll keep you posted on when that appointment is.
Uuuugh - I'll be so happy when life slows down a little.............

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! Lots going on at the Cole house- literally! Chloe looks so grown up in the new picture and Bailey looks really excited to be moving! Good luck with everything!

Andrea Cole said...

Yes - been pretty crazy - but that's life :). I'm glad you moticed Bailey I liked that she was in that picture!