So, just noticed that I haven't even posted anything this year yet and it's almost March. What can I say? If 2 kids weren't keeping me busy enough, now I'm watching 3 during the day. Baby Freddie joined us at the Cole house a month ago. He is the son of my friend Mandy from Dobie. So, I'm learning what life will be like if we ever have a 3rd kid - which I'm undecided on at the moment. Thankfully, he's a pretty easy baby and still sleeps a lot :). We are not getting out as much as before right now but that's ok because it's been tundra-like cold for most of this year and we are still trying to stave off the ear tubes in Chloe which means majorly limiting her exposure to sick kids for the next 6-8 weeks - until the worst of flu and cols season is over with. So, we are doing lots of art projects, indoor building, and of course going outside to play in the backyard or park when the weather is right.
SO much to blog about - SO many pictures I need to add. Chloe is sleeping, Ellie is about to be asleep so let's see if I can make a dent.
Chloe in a nutshell - still talking up a storm - it is so fun to hang out with her right now (when she is not sick!) She has a crazy vivid imagination and is constantly making up little stories, games and songs. She has become quite the little "mommy" with another baby in the house and a little bossy. She is definitely going through some form of toddler OCD - her sandwiches have to be cut just right, she has to have the exact "right" number of babies, animals, blankets, etc... in her bed at nap time, the "right music, etc...etc....It's enough to drive you crazy but alas.... I know she is trying to be independent so I try to accommodate her within reason and calm the tantrums when I will not accommodate every request.
Ellie in a nutshell - ALL over the place. In the past few weeks, she has gone from scooting/"army crawling" at a pretty good pace to full on crawling at lightning speed and opening cabinets, unrolling toilet paper, getting in the trash cans, trying to get into plugs, pulling up on everything she can and even started "cruising" along the furniture yesterday. She is keeping me busy! Her favorite target during the day is Freddie - she will crawl right up in the bouncy seat or baby swing and attempt to grab his face if I don't grab her quick enough. She is babbling a lot - dada, baba, and I think said mama this morning. She's starting to sign with us a little - waving hi and bye, milk, and all done. It is so fun to see her cute little personality coming out. Of course - she is also very quick to let you know when she doesn't like something or is unhappy that you took something away from her! It is definitely humbling to have a masters degree and spending my days changing diapers and cleaning up mess after mess but I am So thankful for the time I have with my ittle girls right now! Time flies so fast - I can hardly believe Chloe is almost 3 and Ellie will be 1 in 2 months! Before I know it - they'll be in school all day and I'll miss all these little moments with them! Pictures coming in next post!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment