But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bad blogger Mommy

I was catching up on my friend Heather's blog - she is a SUPER blogger - I have no idea how she does it with 2 little ones but she's good! :) Anyway, she is great about listing what her kids are doing so I'm going to try and be better - after all - I don't write this stuff down anywhere else so I should try to keep a record somewhere.
Chloe definitely has some terrible two moments - I was hoping we'd miss out on a lot of this because I've heard they throw tantrums mainly b/c they want to communicate and can't. Well, Chloe can communicate just fine - she has always been really verbal - and she now chooses to do this in a great yelling voice. SO fun, last week she threw major tantrums on back to back days at the library and the grocery store. Not fun! I took all 3 kids to the library (a little adventuresome on my part - I'll admit it) for storytime. they all did great until it was time to leave - Chloe put her books back just fine, walked with me towards the door - then SCREAMED - "I don't want to leave, I want to stay here all day!, then threw herself on the ground for a minute, then ran away form me. SO fun esp at a library seemingly full of elderly people staring at me like I was crazy for bring 3 kids under 3 to the library ion the first place. You know the look! So, I had Ellie in one arm, and was pushing Freddie in the stroller, and had to go pick up Chloe and carry her our kicking and screaming - what a fun Friday afternoon! I really almost cried but somehow stayed calm until we got outside - got the babies in the car, then had to deal with her. I won't tell the whole grocery story - basically same thing except this time she refused to get in the cart and I HAD to get groceries. Uuuugh - being a mom is SO fun. Thankfully, these moments are not the norm and most of the time - she really is an agreeable, happy little girl :). I think this is why kids are so cute - so you won't want to kill them when they embarrass you like this.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ha ha! Remember when you used to look at people like that before you had kids? You ARE brave. I haven't been to the grocery store alone yet, only to doctor appts. and I was exhausted!!!