- no clothes,burp cloths,sheets washed (haven't even bought the baby detergent yet)
- no bedroom set up
- no bed set up
- no diapers
- no coming home from the hospital outfit
- no name on the wall of her room - no crib or cradle even put together
- no cute baskets on the changing table full of cute newborn necessities
- no cute empty baby frames just waiting for pictures of her
- no baby book pre-filled with the info I already know
- no newborn baby bath tub washed and ready for the first bath
Ok - I think you get the idea. I have really good intentions but since we moved into this house 1 1/2 weeks ago - I have had a horrible cold - anyone who has talked to me knows I have barely been able to talk for over a week now. Some might say this is not a bad thing :). This cold on top of being 34 weeks pregnant is kicking my butt a little bit. So................hopefully I make a miraculous recovery tomorrow and get lots of these things done over the weekend. If not this weekend, then next since it's a long weekend thanks to Good Friday. AND, hopefully Ellie does not want to come out early like her big sister which would give me the full 39 days!
I was kind of hopeful for this b/c at the beginning of my pregnancy my ob told me she's had patients deliver at 37 first time around and have to be induced at 42 with the second. But at my last appointment, I asked her again and she said, "well you need to be ready at 37 b/c you know it can happen", followed by ,"statistically speaking - if you deliver the first at 37 - the second will be right around the same time". Thanks Dr. Smith for clarifying that :) - basically there is no crystal ball to predict these things so - the countdown begins..........
I'm not really enjoying pregnancy at the moment - I feel like I get bigger every minute but I do want to keep Ellie in as long as possible - get me to 42 weeks and I'll feel different :).







2 comments:
OH I hear ya...no thanks on being 42 weeks pregnant EVER!!! Luckily for me, I'm a scheduled c-section from here on out and will never be more than 39 weeks pregnant.
Your list of things you haven't done overwhelms me! Yikes! I haven't done any of those things either...but have thought about doing some of them!
LOL...babies don't care!
Post a Comment