But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Monday, April 12, 2010

Gardening

peppers are already growing! no more $3 yellow bell peppers for me!

our one lone rose - but TONS of buds coming up!



peppers and squash




my little helper - l to r, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, cilantro, mint, basil along wall, added peas to far left today!



random pots




















I have always wanted a garden - one that I could actually go out and pick dinner from. I figure now that I am home all day - it's time. I grew a few herbs last year but since we moved right before Ellie was born - that's about it. Good thing because my wonderful family came over and did yard work and planted some beautiful flowers for my birthday but I did not do a great job keeping them all alive :(. I'm blaming it on Ellie and her constant need for attention :). Ha - hopefully now that she's almost 1 - we can get outside and take care of things a little bit better. Here are a few starting pics. Our backyard is looking so much better now - Chris took out a wall around our patio and dug up bushes that were right behind it - made no sense in the first place - it completely cut the yard off from the patio. Anyway, now we have our little garden there and some new grass. Hopefully soon, I'll be cooking right out of my backyard. I'm honestly just hoping something grows.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Yum!!!!

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

Ohh my goodness...why did i not know you had a blog? it's SO FUN and cute! Love your garden! How great is that?!! And the pic of the girls at the very top is PRECIOUS! I'm adding you as a favorite on my blog so i can look now all the time...yipeee :)