But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Little Whining

I know this is going to sound so whiny but that's why it's my blog - right? Chris is out of town for the next 2 days and it is SO hard without him here. I honestly don't know how single moms and other moms whose husbands travel do it. Yes, I spend the majority of the day alone with the kids but there is just something about knowing he'll be home to help for those last 2 hours that gets me through the day. It definitely helps me appreciate how much he does at night - he is so great playing and entertaining the kids, a huge help in the kitchen, even cleans up after dinner and gives one of them their baths if not both. Then he always puts Chloe to sleep so I'm done after Ellie is down. Sigh.....nothing like absence to make the heart grow fonder. It amazes me to think that my mom did this alone for YEARS! I'm not sure I would last long as a single mom but I guess it's one of those things that you just do because you have to. She even came to help tonight and was great but I still miss my hubby :(.
And, I am so glad I am taking pictures of my garden b/c I was looking at the squash and zucchini tonight thinking that it hadn't grown much and it has grown a ton! Too late to take pics now but I'll snap some tomorrow. Our peas are doing fabulous too! We panted seeds about 10 days ago and we have TONS of little plants now! SO exciting!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I understand. Now you know why I hang out at my parents while Chris is gone! I guess I will eventually get used to it. It looks like he will be doing more traveling in the future. The first "harvest" from the garden is exciting! Have fun eating all your veggies!