But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Look at the difference 5 days makes!!

Sweet Ellie - her curls are coming in!
Her favorite thing to do right now - "draw" pictures"

Roses from our bushes! and they SMELL amazing!


funky roses - but pretty



peppers!




tomato flowers and buds!





Wow! Gardening is so fun! I went to check on our plants to day and yippee - I see some real vegetables growing! I am SO excited that we might actually be able to eat something out of our yard I can hardly stand it! and correcting - apparently I am not growing yellow bell peppers - they are banana peppers which I'm not even sure I like but they look fantastic and I'm sure we'll LOVE them :). I have SO much to learn about this. More random fun - I was out with the girls this afternoon delivering our new neighborhood directories and ice cream social flyers (SO 1950's - I LOVE this neighborhood) and ran into our neighbor Tom down the street. He was out planting his garden with his wife - so we got to go look at his plants and talk gardening with him - SO exciting! I think they are going to be my gardening mentors now - yay! He even offered to lend me a couple of tomato cages - yay again!



Side note - Chris started a diet Thursday - today is Saturday and he has lost 10 pounds!! Are you kidding me? I have been trying to lose my last 5 pound of Ellie weight for 6 months! SO much easier for guys!



Another side note - I can NOT believe my little Ellie Belly will be 1 in 2 weeks! I literally feel like it was last week that we were driving to the hospital at 4 :30 am (and can still remember that pain - sorry to first time preggos reading - Erin :). I feel that same mix of joy and sadness that I did when Chloe turned 1. I don't really know if we'll have another baby - Chris and I have mixed opinions but I'm hoping God will work on him :). Soooo, she could be my last little baby - almost makes me want to cry. Ahhhh, motherhood - hardest, most tiring job I've ever had but the most special, intense, best one too!







1 comment:

Heather said...

Your garden looks great! Isn't it fun? You can use banana peppers like you would a pickled pepper ( you could pickle them) or just use in place of other peppers. They're not usually very hot. You're beating us on the garden this year. With Chris traveling so much, we missed putting in the onions and right now we just have strawberries, garlic and leafy greens. He better start planting!