


I hate to brag but I am so proud of our elephant ears in the front of our houes. I did some research last summer and wanted to plant these since then but never got around to it until about April this year. Anyway, we put bulbs in the ground in April somewtime and waited and waited, then around Mother's Day - May 13th or so, they started tiny little sprouts. (I remember because we had our moms over for dinner and they were just starting to poke out of the ground). And now, look - they are giant! We supposedly bought the dwarf ones, NOT the giant ones but we are starting to wonder because these plants literally grow bigger everyday. Anyway, all of our plants are doing fabulous this year - thanks to the torrential downpours we've had almost daily for a month! But all the green is a welcome change from the brown dead folliage of last summer! Here are some pictures of the flowers in the front. Oops, those are some mums in the front that Aunt Emily gave us (leftovers from graduation at the high school she is an assisstant principal at), that we haven't put anywhere yet. They got a little beat up in the storms yesterday.







1 comment:
Nice! I am laughing at the fact that you guys have had major rain for the last month and we've barely had a drop...my little patch of garden is sooo dry. After the news that it snowed in Dallas over Easter and my boys were wearing shorts on Easter morning in NE England, it makes you wonder what the heck is up with the weather!!! :)
Post a Comment