I haven't gotten around to posting lately so there is a lot to catch up on. I'll make this a quick post since we are about to eat! First of all, Chloe had her scan for her helmet last week and we will go this Thursday to have it fitted and start our wearing schedule. Please keep us in your prayers as Chloe adjusts to it. She'll start wearing it a few hours a day and gradually work up to 23 hours over a week.
2 weeks ago we went for the consultation with the plastic surgeon. I was completely surprised and caught off guard when he told me that her birthmark is a port wine stain AND that he was recommending we have it removed as soon as she is 6 months old! Our pediatrician previously told us that she didn't think it was a PWS. This is significant b/c these types of marks get darker and larger over time and can develop cysts. So, after lots of prayer and research I think we have decided to proceed with the removal and she has her first treatment scheduled for January 4. ( We still want to consult our pediatrician at our next check up.) They will use a laser but she does have to be put under anesthesia so she won't move and so they can place a protective lens in her eye. It's only a 15 minute procedure and we will go in the morning and be home for lunch. Right now, the surgeon thinks it will take 2-3 treatments to remove the mark.
Ok, 3rd major medical news is that 1 1/2 ago - same week as the plastic surgeon - we went for a consultation with the physical therapists. I know - PT for a 5 month old? It was a little funny to be honest - but after several activities/exercises with Chloe and LOTs of questions for me, they recommended PT for Chloe to resolve her Torticullis (neck tightness) - which caused her plegiocephally (flat head). We are hoping to start this week or next. We are going to be busy girls with PT 2/week and a helmet adjustment 1/week. Thank God mommy is a teacher and gets off of work at a decent hour! and the we have 2 grandmas close by to help! Seriously, God is getting us through all of this and teaching us so much already. We know we have much more to learn as we go through the next several months. But most of all we are thankful that our little girl is healthy and all of these conditions are correctable. I could go on about all of the little things that have happened along this journey already to show us how he is taking care of us but this post is too long already!
Ok, more to follow and I'm working on getting more pics up too.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Chloe, what a good sport you are! And, MOM...you amaze me! Ryan had his six month appt. She was questioning tortalingus (spelling?) with him b/c he always cocks his head to the side. I'm to send pics of him sitting up so she can look for it. (I don't notice it)
Post a Comment