But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Friday, June 13, 2008

Chloe's Birthday Wrap Up

Well, our little munchkin is finally 1 and Mom survived the party. Anyone who knows me well, knows I get major "party anxiety" any time we are even having just a couple over for dinner. So, this first birthday party has had me in a tizzy for a while. First it was deciding on a theme, then it was invitations, food, guest list, etc... Pretty silly for a 1 year old who won't remember it anyway (Chris is nice enough to remind me of this at least once a day - or was during the last month). But, everything went well and Chloe had a great time I think.
We went with a garden/insect theme, check out the pictures. I decorated giant subs like caterpillars, threw plastic bugs around, and hung some bee and lady bug decorations - came out very cute. We had mostly family and a few friends over and everything went perfect in my eyes. I was worried that Chloe might have a meltdown since she has major stranger anxiety these days but she actually seemed to like all of the attention. She had no interest in eating her cupcake (on her actual birthday with Chris and I or at the party). True to Chloe form - she squished her fingers in it, played a little but had no desire to eat it. She is just not a big eater - even if it's cake and icing! She was showered with presents - she has enough toys now to last for years I think. Thank you, thank you everyone!
Chloe is not quite walking yet - she pulls on on everything and "cruises" around but is not really showing an interest yet in walking on her own. I'll post some more Chloe facts next :).

No comments: