But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chloe's Vocabulary



Just a few pics to break up this LONG post!

Chloe is really expanding her vocabulary right now and it's the cutest thing ever! She now says, dada (of course - she's been saying this for months), mama (occasionally), dog, woof woof, wiggle or tickle? and I swear yesterday when we were playing with her leap frog table and she was trying to say yellow, up, and down! She may not be walking yet but she's talking up a storm! On the walking front - she is standing by herself for increasing periods of time - hasn't attempted a step alone - but we're progressing. Is it bad that I'm not in a hurry for her to walk? I wanted her to crawl SO bad and now that she's already ALL over the place, I'm just not in a hurry for the walking to commence:)

Other news I think I forgot to mention on here and then some pics of course. Since I got out of school we've seen ALL of Chloe's doctors. I already posted about the 1 yr check up. We also saw her physical therapist for a follow-up since discontinuing therapy in March. Miss Mandy said her neck looks awesome and you'd never even know she had torticullis now - yeah Chloe! So, we're officially released from PT now. We also went to Star Cranial and they rescanned her head to make sure she hasn't regressed since getting out of the helmet in March. Everything there looked fantastic too - her head even filled in a little more in the back and the top so her numbers were the same but the appearance is even better then when we got it off! I told her orthotist the it looks perfect to me and she agreed! I'm so glad about this one b/c I had completely forgotten what a pain it is to park and get Chloe into their office at the hospital - I can't believe we did that once a week for 4 months! On a side note - I have become the unofficial spokesperson for helmets and torticollis recently. I have talked to 3 different friends of friends going through the same stuff we went through before Chloe got her helmet! I am so glad that God is using me to ease other mom's fears about all of this. I didn't know anyone who had a helmet or had even heard of torticullis a few months ago and now here I am talking up a storm about all the treatment options,etc...!

Back to Chloe's appointments:

AND the best appointment to me was the one with her plastic surgeon. He said that he thinks we've achieved the maximum fade on her port wine stain and does not see the need to go further with treatments. Super yeah!!!! She still has a very faint mark but it's WAY better then it was and he said because we started treatment so early - the blood flow to the area has been cut off so it will not get any bigger and the part on her eyelid might even fade a little. He said that they do sometimes get darker at puberty and that we could go back for a "touch-up" then if we wanted. I'm praying that it just goes away on it's own or that we somehow raise such a super confident girl that it won't bother her :). But, regardless -no more laser surgeries for now!!!! AND I met a little girl and her mom at Northpark's baby story hour Monday who had a PWS covering half of her face. They are seeing the same doctor for the same treatment that Chloe had. What a precious little girl - but I was secretly thanking God that Chloe's birthmark was so small in comparison to this little angel's. I know I get crazy questions, I can only imagine what this Mom hears :(

OK, I'm so behind on posting - hopefully I can write soon about our trip to Louisiana to see family.

No comments: