Wednesday, July 9, 2008
4th of July in Galveston and a wedding in Houston
We had a wedding in Houston over the weekend of the 4th so we decided to go a day early and hang out in Galveston for a couple of days. Galveston is an interesting place - not the best beaches in the world and lots of colorful people but we had a blast. It was a very nice "mini-vacay". Chloe LOVED the beach - I think we need to take her every year because she was completely entertained for hours on the beach and slept great. After the beach on Friday, we cleaned up and watched fireworks over the water - beautiful! Saturday night, we went to the wedding in Houston and she did great. I was a little nervous b/c we don't normally take her to things like that but it was fine. She hung out for a while, then went to sleep in her stroller and mommy and daddy got to hang out with some old friends. Good times! We even got to meet Chris's godparents, Bob and Jackie for lunch on Sunday before we left. They brought us some very cute beach themes cookies to remember our trip. Mommy had to sample one on the way home but Daddy and Chloe will have theirs for memories :)
Oh, on another note we've had a few more firsts last week but not really good one :(. When I went to Colorado last weekend to be with Allison at her Dad's funeral - Chloe was pretty fussy for Daddy. She even had a little fever but we thought she was tired and it was after-effects from her shots. I got back Sunday night and by Wednesday, Chloe was screaming all day and not eating much. I decided to take her to the dr - thinking it was probably a tooth coming in and thank God. She had ear infections in both ears! Her first ear infection - which led to her first antibiotics - which led to her first BAD diaper rash! Poor little thing! I am SO glad we have not had more of these to deal with. Thankfully, Chloe was on antibiotics for 2 days before the trip and seemed to be feeling fine. We leave for Atlanta tomorrow to accompany my mom (Yaya) on a business trip and visit with Uncle Dave. Hopefully, we will have better luck with our flights that Mom and Aunt Emily did on the way back from Hawaii (LONG story).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
I love all of her beach attire! We are leaving next week for SC & I am praying that Lily is a good girl!
So cute! I love the slide show!
Post a Comment