But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ellie's 2 Week Check Up and Life with 2 under 2

We had Ellie's 2 wk appt last Friday and she did great. The picture of health according to our pediatrician. She weighed 7.15 - up almost a pound from her birth weight. Here are all the stats
wt 7.15 40% (Chloe has never made it out of the 20th - I was proud of Ellie :)
ht 20.5 70% (we might have us a tall girl here)
head 14in 25% (apparently she has Chris's pin head too)
All in all - the appt went great - dr told me I don't have to wake her up at night anymore - I never was - this girl lets you know when she wants to eat. Ellie is starting to wake up a little more - still sleeps most of the time but her awake times are definitely getting a little longer. I've seen a few little smiles - I'm sure it's gas but she is cute!
So far, Chloe is doing great with her new little sister. The hardest part is keeping her from hurting her b/c she wants to love on her - kiss her, touch her, lay on her, pick her up etc... She really has not shown any jealousy so far - she has been a little bit more whiny - probably b/c she's not getting as much undivided attention but in general, I'd say she's adjusting well. I actually love seeing Chloe loving her sister and I can't wait until Ellie is a little more interactive b/c I know Chloe will LOVE that!
So far - life with 2 under 2 is not quite the nightmare I imagined. It's definitely more tiring than 1 but not unmanageable. Of course, Chloe s still going to the babysitter for another week so I really only have them both a few hours a day. I have only been alone with them one whole day but that was fine too. I might be writing a different story in a few weeks when it's the girls and me all day every day!

1 comment:

All Things Family said...

I"m glad things are going so well..that's very reassuring since we're about to enter into life with 2 under 2 as well!