I know 3 posts in one day? What can I say - I am making up for lost time and taking advantage of a sleepy daughter :) I saw this on a friends blog a few months ago - she suggested doing a thankful post when you are not especially feeling like everything is going great. When you have had a month like Chris and I have, it's hard feel thankful all the time. Did I mention that on top of the helmet and surgery today, Chris spent and entire afternoon in the ER a few weeks ago and we had to put in a new heating and AC system the Friday before Christmas? BUT we were talking tonight about all the things we are thankful for so I thought I should share - helps me remember too when I actually write them down!
1. So thankful for a loving and omnipresent Lord to get me through all of this stuff and continue to give me strength when I have none.
2. My wonderful husband who truly loves being a father and is a HUGE help every day - I could not make it though a day without him! and he manages to make me smile every day.
3. Our many friends and family who care enough to sit at the hospital with us, bring us dinner, and call, e-mail, text message etc..... to see how Chloe (and us) are doing.
4. That we have a roof over our heads ( a warm one now :)), PLENTY of food to eat, clothes for us and our child and all of the other necessities and many many extras.
5. I am actually thankful that we can do all this stuff for Chloe - I know there are families who don't have insurance and can not afford the treatments she is getting for her head, her PT for her torticullis, and the lasers for her birthmark. We are lucky that we can do this for her. There are actually only 4 surgeons in the US who do this type of laser treatment and 2 are here in Dallas.
6. So thankful that we have a healthy child with nothing more serious to treat - and a happy one at that. Chloe has not been fazed by anything - she just keeps smiling and laughing through it all.
7. So thankful that we have jobs and very secure ones. We may not get big paychecks but we will always have a job and we feel so blessed to get so much time off especially now that we have Chloe to hang out with.
I could go on but I think I've hit the high points. I hope this inspires some other to think about what you are thankful for - something we all need to do more often.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment