Chloe has her 3rd laser treatment for her birthmark this morning. We got up bright and early at 5:15 and made it to the surgery center by 6:00. They were running a little late so they didn't actually take her back until 8:20. Poor little thing - she was starving by this time - no food since last night at 9. But she was a trooper - Chris and I managed to distract her enough with songs and silly faces to keep the crying at bay. She was finished about 8:40 and by 9:15 Chris was on the way home with her and I was on the way to work. On a side note - we were VERY entertained by the family in the bay next to us in the waiting area at the surgery center. I'm not sure how to describe them except to say they had DRAMA! We heard all about the deadbeat Dad in jail, the car accident they had with 2 kids under 5 in the front seat UNRESTRAINED and some very colorful language! I'm so glad Chloe can't understand all of that right now. We had a good laugh over all of this with the nurses. It made me wonder again about the world we live in and how sad it is that some wonderful people struggle to have children and then there are those who just don't seem to take care of the ones they are given.
Anyway, I digress. Back to Chloe - she seems to be doing well so far. She's also getting another tooth so it could be a long weekend. We are so thankful that at least we don't have the helmet this time. We talked to her dr about whether he think we'll need more treatments. We noticed a HUGE difference after the first one but not so much after the 2nd. He said that's normal because there isn't as much blood flow to the area now but he thinks we should wait and see how it looks in a few weeks. He said as long as we still see pink, we should still treat it..........SO, it looks like we might have more. But, he had the pictures with him from her initial consultation and wow - we forgot how dark it used to be. Also, those pictures were taken the week before she got her helmet and I could see a MAJOR difference in her head shape. Now she has a perfect head to go with her perfect little self! Pictures coming.........
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
So true about people with kids- there were two stories today on the news about child abuse. It made me sick! Anyways, I love the arboretum pictures- Chloe is such a cutie! I will be at Dobie on Tuesday after school to turn in my resignation- both Kay & Maeli were nice about it. I hope it's not an awkward last month!
Post a Comment