But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Friday, August 15, 2008

Proud Mom Moment

Chloe has had the chance to play with a lot of friends this week - my last week of freedom before going back to school :(. And this has provided some proud moments for me. First of all, on Tuesday night, we had some friends over with a 16 month old and a 4 year old and it was so cute watching them all play together. The little boys' mom commented that Chloe had such a sweet disposition - that she was doing so well having these energetic boys playing with all of her stuff. I felt so proud! Then, on Wednesday we went to visit my friend Heather and Lily - 6 months. I forgot my camera - and I wish I got some pictures - mainly of her super cute play room and baby room! Of course, of the babies too. Anyway - check out the Nichols blog to the right (one object of my blog envy :). Read her post from Wednesday - that 14 month old who was "communicating" was Chloe! I felt so proud when I read her post - she's wishing her little one could communicate with her. It's funny b/c things happen so gradually with babies - I'm not sure if I really realized that Chloe was starting to communicate with me. Not to brag at all - but she is doing lots of sign language now and seems to pick up a new word every few days. She tries to say almost everything we say - scary! Anyway, I also realized when were were around Lily that Chloe is really becoming a toddler - not a baby. Sad and happy!
Thursday we had another play date with Brandy, Jax, Makenzie, and Leila. Just watching Brandy wrangle 3 kids made me tired! Actually 2 b/c Makenzie is 7 so she's more of a HUGE helper! We went to Grapevine Mills and the kids played at this cute train store. They had a toddler area they could play in, a little jungle gym to climb and slide on, and trains for them to ride. The kids loved it and it was so good to visit with Brandy too. We don't see each other near enough these days :(. Makenzie got to build-a bear afterwards and that place is just so cute too! I can't wait until I can take Chloe there to make an animal. SO many choices of cute outfits and accessories- I don't know how kids decide -I would have a very hard time. I remembered my camera Thursday but when I pulled it out, realized I didn't have the memory stick in! Brandy had hers but her battery was dying! It wasn't our best Mom day! But, I think she got some good ones so hopefully she'll send them and I'll post some soon. Her little boy is so cute - makes me want a boy next time!

No comments: