Ok, I'm hoping to post some video this weekend. As I mentioned in an earlier post - while we were in Colorado - Chloe started walking-kind of. She has been taking steps from the furniture for a while now but there - she just stood up one night in the middle of the room and walked about 5-6 steps! I was so excited - Chris had just gone to the store so he missed it :(. I was like, yes - she's going to be walking now. She did this about 5 times that night, but wouldn't do it again the rest of the trip. So, we got home, and all last weekend I tried to get her to repeat the performance and she wouldn't! I was disappointed. Then, on Tuesday night, when our friends were over with the 2 little boys - she started doing it again! Just standing up by herself in the middle of the room and walking! Since then, she's doing it all the time - but she still likes to crawl better b/c she's so much faster. It's the cutest thing b/c she starts walking, then gets so excited - she kind of dances, then she falls down. But she stands right back up to try again. So, I guess she's walking now. It's funny b/c Chris's mom always told me there were so many first steps and first words - it's hard to pinpoint the exact moments they start anything. She was so right b/c like I said, she's been taking steps for a while and she's just starting to increase her steps now. Same with talking, she babbled "dadada" starting at about 4 months but it was much later that she actually realized what she was saying. But, I think we're on the right track here and
I'm sure when she starts with her new babysitter and sees that she's the only one not walking next week, she'll be running soon! Another proud Mom moment!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Wow! What a big girl! Lily had fun last week. Let's do it again soon!
Ryan did the SAME thing while we were on our Ohio trip. That's so funny.
Post a Comment