But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Brekenridge Pictures

I have not posted in a while and there is a lot to catch up on. Here are some pictures of our trip to Breckenridge, CO. We were there for 10 days and it was a wonderful time - perfect weather and pretty relaxing. But, man - I've decided after all our trips this summer that I'm glad to be home for while. I am usually NEVER ready to come home - I always want to stay longer on vacation but man, it's exhausting traveling with a baby! So much stuff to tote around, planning all of your activities around meal and dinner time - it's just a whole different world. Chloe did great as a mountain chick though, she rode on Daddy's back to go hiking and had a blast in the little bike trailer - even when our 3 hour bike ride turned into an 8 hour one - with WAY too many hills and rain! More about that later..... The only thing she didn't do well was sleep :( Could have been the altitude, a strange place, the pack and play - who knows? But she ended up in our bed every night - usually about midnight - and she is WAY too squirmy for us to sleep well with her now. Thankfully, we had king size beds everywhere we were but still - whew! Let's just say we were all ready for nap time every day.
Here's a slide show of our pictures.
Just FYI - if you are ever in the Summit county area - the DOWNHILL ride from Vail to Frisco is awesome, very easy ride almost all downhill - we stopped in Frisco and ate lunch - the next leg from Frisco to Dillon is a little more challenging but definitely do-able BUT in case the company's van that brought you up the mountain breaks down and has your car seat with it - and you decide that the ride 12 more miles to Keystone is "mostly downhill" - it's NOT. It's a LONG, horrible, mostly uphill ride. I'm not kidding - I fell off of my bike 3 times because my legs were shaking SO bad! I just kept repeating to myself, "Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong". Did I mention this was all done at 9000 feet above sea level?????? Now, I am definitely not in shape by any means but this was a HARD ride! ( I'll admit I haven't really worked out since before I was pregnant) I read later on this company's website - it was a description of the Vail pass ride and it described this last part as, "a challenge for the more experienced bikers, the hills are plenty but the views are well worth it". I disagree - and what were we thinking? Oh, well, it was pretty - but I could hardly walk for the next 24 hours. I think I forgot to mention that there were planty of OLD - like 70+ men doing this ride and smiling at us. Maybe they were laughing at me as I walked my bike up the hills?

No comments: