Ok, I am officially a nerd. I am having best Friday night! Chris is filming for a football game so after I put Chloe to bed, I thought I would catch up on reading blogs, watching TV, and unfortunately some work stuff - ( you have no idea how many things you have to write names on in kindergarten)! Then, somehow, I decided to catch up on all The Hills episodes I have missed. Thanks to HBO.com, I am completely caught up - I think. I know, I'm a 30-something mommy and I should not care about The Hills - but man that show is addictive. Such drama! It reminds me a little of my mid-20's - just substitute the million dollar mansion in Beverly Hills for an old haunted house in Denton and switch Audrina and Lo, for Allison and Erin, and we're right there :). But seriously, I think Lo should be embarrassed to have her behavior on TV! Maybe the reason she wasn't given much air time before is that she is such a B! I am so excited to be caught up in the drama again - I can hardly wait until the next episode. AND I watched all of these on a laptop - my eyes are even hurting a little bit- but it was worth it. Just what I needed to unwind after the first week of school.
By the way - so far my class is really good. I only have 2 that were not in pre-k, which is BY FAR the largest ever for me. That means they actually know how to write their names, and line up, and go to the bathroom and some even know some letters - it's fabulous! There was no screaming the first day, no crying, no trying to kick me as they run out the room! I have had to talk to a couple of parents and even call one in the middle of class this week , BUT overall, they are going to be a good bunch I think. I even have a little Andrea - who is very smart and cute - just a little bit of a talker - must be the name :) For the first time ever, I have more girls than boys, and so far it has made a HUGE difference. No offense boys, but girls are just so much more mature and well behaved, in kindergarten anyway. I won't comment about later in life. Chloe seems to be adjusting well to her new babysitter. She's been a little tired so we are working on the nap schedule. Miss Liane says she is very intelligent but has a mind of her own and a little temper sometimes. I was a bit embarrassed when she said that - but it was not a shock. I think she also said, "She is feisty for such a little thing". Hmmmm, I know. My mom recommended that I read, "The Strong Willed Child". It is so hard to know how to discipline a 1 yr old - you never really know how much they understand. Why is it so much easier to handle my class of 22 kindergartners than my own daughter sometimes? I mean I have absolutely no problem telling them ' "no", all day but it's harder with Chloe. I'm making her sound like a tyrant - which she most certainly isn't but as Miss Lianne said, she IS feisty for a little thing. I'm adjusting too - it's just not easy being a working mommy. I really can't even think about how much time I spend away from her - it makes me depressed. Maybe we should move to Europe where they give you like 2 years of paid maternity leave and then pay for your childcare until your children are in school? I saw a 20/20 about it. No wonder they are so much more relaxed over there!
Ok, I'm rambling - it must be brain dulling from too much The Hills tonight.
Happy Labor Day weekend! One of my parents asked me why there was no school on Monday and I told her it was a holiday. She asked if it was fair day (did I mention most of my parents are new to this country and don't speak English?). I said no, I skipped the part about Fair Day not really being a holiday and tried to explain what Labor Day is to her. I realized that I don't even know - so I basically told her that we were celebrating all of the hard workers in America. She thought it sounds like a great holiday! Gotta love Dobie!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I'm right there with ya on Labor Day! Emerson was asking me about Labor Day and I wasn't quite sure what to say. Chloe is precious. She looks so cute walking and talking! I'm no help on discipline, trying to be consistanat is tough!!
Stacy
Post a Comment