But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Saturday, January 24, 2009

What a start to the New Year!

Well, it looks like we are going to have quite a 2009. In the past 2 weeks, we have sold our house and bought a new one AND we get a whole 3 weeks to pack up and move! I have signed so many papers this week that my head is spinning. And I have to say that I think it's nothing short of God's plan for us because our house wasn't even on the market! I'll try to make the story short but basically a lady who looked at our house back in October wrote us a letter saying that she was still interested in buying if we still wanted to sell. She actually made an offer in October and we went back and forth for a while but could not come to an agreement on the price. Well, she came back with a better offer now and our house is sold! We looked at about 25 house last weekend and found one we love in an area we love and made an offer Wednesday. We came to an agreement on a price with the new house Thursday - and here we are. We are in the option period with both houses right now so it's not a done deal - but I'm praying it all works out!
Our new house is almost twice the size of the one we're in now - I've lived in 1200 sqft for 8 years - I can't even imagine what we'll do with all of the space! It's a nice problem to have though :). The house needs a little updating so we're going to be living with my mom for hopefully no more then 2 weeks while we paint, do some tile work etc... Hopefully I"ll have some great before and after pics to show soon! and that should still give us about 2 months in the new house before the baby comes. so - lots of decisions to make...
AND Chloe went pee pee in her potty last week! only once but still, it was VERY exciting for all of us!

2 comments:

the blackwells said...

That's exciting. Where's your new place?

Anonymous said...

congratultions on the house and the pee pee in the potty!!
~ Stacy W.