But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Monday, March 9, 2009

March Madness - 2

I just realized that I already used this title last March - I'll have to look back to see what was going on last year at this time. But it definitely fits now too! Quick update: we are still staying with my mom but hope to be moving this weekend. Yeah! House: electrical, foundation, floors, and counter tops are done - basically we're just having some sheet rock work and painting done this week. Side note - do not believe electricians when they tell you that you will have "minimal damage" if you ever have to have your house rewired! Their idea of minimal and mine are very different! I'm not exaggerating here - there were 30 holes in our master bedroom alone!Thankfully we have found some really good painters/sheet rockers that can make all the holes go away. I am super excited that someone else is painting b/c I think I (and Chris) repainted every room of our old house at least 3 times in the past 8 years! One good part of this recession is that most people in the construction/remodeling business need work right now which translates to good deals for the Coles! plus, we're teachers so we're not really affected at the moment. Another side not on counter tops - due to our budget constraints we put formica countertops in the kitchen and I was really worried they would look really cheap - but to my delight they look awesome and I'm more excited b/c they were so cheap! I know this is terribly vain of me but I'm all for blog honesty.

No comments: