We had Chloe's appt with dr. Burns this morning(plastic surgeon). The good news is that he says her bump is benign but he does recommend that we have it removed. He says that it is a pyogenic granuloma. I'm attaching a link to some info and pictures of some. Chloe's looks like the one on the finger but it's on her temple - not quite that big but it gives you a good idea. Thankfully - we are scheduled April 2 - I was panicked that this would somehow coincide with the birth of Ellie and I would not be able to be there with Chloe. Dr. Burns wife is pregnant too so he understood my dilemma and he pushed us in on sooner date - he normally is booked about 6-8 weeks out.
It will be a very short procedure - about the same time as her laser surgeries - 10 minutes or so. They will cut out the lesion and put dissolvable stitches and some skin "glue". She will have a very tiny scar - same size as the bump. But it's better to remove it now than wait because it's only getting bigger and deeper. Dr. Burns says this COULD be related to her port wine stain because the area could just be more vascular but it might just be a coincidence that it's in the same area. He says it is not likely to recur - let's pray for that please - I like Dr.Burns a lot but would be very happy not to see him ever again! :) Chris and I joke that between Chloe's helmet and all of her surgeries -she truly has a "priceless" head!
In other news, Chloe seems to be thriving with her new sitter - there are just 3 little girls and she loves it. She was the only girl before so I'm glad she's getting some girl time. She is learning to glue, finger painting, and doing all kinds of fun art projects! I took dinner to Lianne and Bill last week (old babysitter). They seem to have a very positive outlook on his situation - they know he's dying but are at peace. He said he was appreciative of knowing that it was coming because it was giving him time to spend with family and friends and have conversations that he wouldn't normally have. He does not look great and is visibly tired and goes in and out of alertness but like I said - at peace with his prognosis.
http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/pyogenic_granuloma.html
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Poor Chloe! Hopefully this will be her last surgery. See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment